I’m a coffee lover and during the summer months I love to have iced coffee. I was buying the cold brew from Trader Joe’s but decided to make my own to save some money. What’s great is you can use various coffee flavors for a real treat! I went to my local Ollie’s and got Jamaican Me Crazy, which is a caramel flavor, Pumpkin Spice and Snicker-doodle. Can’t wait to drink those! For a really nice treat I use about 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream instead of milk for a nice creamy cold coffee and it’s also low carb. This recipe is for a basic cold brew concentrate. You don’t have to spend a lot of money anymore.
- 2 cups high quality coffee, coarsely ground
- 4 cups filtered water
- Place the coffee and water in a bowl or pitcher and stir to combine.
- Cover and put the bowl/pitcher in the fridge (I use a pitcher like this one that comes with a cover).
- Leave for at least 12 hours, or as much as 24.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter (this process will be slow). I strain into a jar and pour a little at a time as I do something else in the kitchen.
- This produces a coffee concentrate that can be diluted with water or milk to get the desired taste.
Call To Action:
For more recipes, be sure to check out the recipe archive. Don’t miss out on new recipes, subscribe for updates. Comment for any recipe suggestions or requests! I am always looking for low carb or The Healthy Mama THM recipes.